I want to invite you to join my 5-Day Body Trust Challenge, that, as the name says, helps you to get started with trusting your body.
I know it's hard. It's hard to let go of the scale, tape measure, “inspiring” people on social media you're following (“inspiring”? or rather “depressing”?), it's hard to not get on a diet that everyone is talking about.
But doing all these things is pushing you away from trusting your body. They cause you to rely on everything and everyone else, but your own body's needs… You don't even know what they are!
As long as you don't trust your body, you'll always be doing what others are doing, and never really figure out what YOU need. And that's a never ending cycle of misery and feelings of failure, as you may already know.
Do you want to learn to trust your body?
Here's why trusting your body is important:
- You become free from always having to lose weight, always having to cut calories, always worrying that your body “can't be trusted” — it can!
- You move your body the way that feels the most right to you, and therefore, you get healthier
- It makes your life easier because you don't have to spend much mental energy on figuring out what are the right things to eat — you already know what they are
- Your can believe your body when it says that something is not right, and therefore, make better decisions for it
- Your body will find its right size, shape and weight that are all relatively easy to maintain
- You have less anxiety around food and fitness, because you already know what makes you feel good
- You stop relying on external tools, like scale or tape measure, to validate yourself
- You know that no matter what, your body is always on your side and wants you to be your healthiest.
Now, to be clear, all this is not going to happen in 5 days. But that's a start — in this challenge, you're going to take the most valuable steps towards completely trusting your body in the future.
What to expect from this challenge
- The challenge will run from Monday, September 10th, to Friday, September 14th
- You will get an email from me every day
- In the email, you'll find a short 3-4 minute video and the Challenge of the Day. You can ONLY get the videos via email, as they won't be posted on the blog or social media
- Most of the daily challenges won't take much time for you to complete (with one exception, that may take a little longer), but its goal is to change your mindset and habits around bodyweight, scale, workouts, food, body size and more
- I'd love for you to comment on Instagram, how the Challenge of the Day went!
- I understand though, that commenting on social media can be scary. But I'd love to get your feedback, so just get back to my email letting me know how you did.