Today I am joined by dr Laura Gouge to talk about stress, anxiety, and how to not only survive but thrive if you are an introverted, sensitive person. Coping with stress becomes a lot easier if you have the right tools!
Dr. Laura Gouge (pronounced like ‘rouge’) is a licensed naturopathic physician with a specialty in integrative mental health and chronic illnesses, currently practicing both virtually and in Portland, Oregon. Dr. Gouge works with children and adults of all ages struggling with a wide range of conditions including anxiety, depression, ADHD, PTSD, IBS, burnout, and more. Her practice philosophy is based in trauma-informed care and she strives to create a holistic, innovative, and thoughtful treatment plan for each patient.
In this episode we cover:
- The physical and mental manifestations of stress
- Who are highly sensitive people and how to take care of your health if you consider yourself one
- Why being sensitive is not a bad thing
- The importance of exercise in mental health
- The importance of purpose in mental health
- The best free techniques to improving mental health, that anyone can do
- How to help someone who is going through a difficult time and stress.
Find out more about dr Gouge and connect with her here: