Today's workout is actually something that I put together my friend Amanda. We were roommates back in Helsinki and used to workout together sometimes. Her sister is really into fitness too, so three of us always always had fitness-related things to chat about. But since I moved, we are no longer able to workout together.
This past Saturday I was shooting some videos for my site and as I was already finishing up and putting together my stuff, I decided to make a really quick workout for my friends as well. I didn't have too much time in hand, so it had to be quick, efficient and get the heart beat up.
If you have only few minutes, you really want to make the most of it, right? Right.
We may not be able to workout together anymore but luckily there is Internet – what was life like before it after all??
Anyway, this is a short workout that you can do really anywhere – all you need is a bench or box and willingness to work hard. This one will definitely kill some lungs too.
Feel free to do as many rounds as you wish, working hard for 30 seconds and taking a break for 10 seconds. For a quick finisher after the video shooting, two rounds were totally enough for me on this day.
Here's what to pay attention to:
- Bench High Knees: Place your hands on the chair or box. Start running, bringing your knees as close as possible to your chest. Maintain a good plank position without allowing your butt to move up.
- Bench Shoulder Touches: Start out in a plank position, but feet elevated. Keep your core tight. Touch your right shoulder with left hand, then left shoulder with right hand.
- Bench Jumps: Explosively jump to the bench, extending your knees and hips. Step back down.
- Push Ups: Perform a push up, lowering your upper body as close to the floor as possible. Push yourself back up. Keep your core tight and everything squeezed all the time.
- Air Squats: When squatting, make sure your weight is on your heels and heels planted so that they won't come off the ground as you squat. Push your butt back and avoid leaning excessively forward. Keep your back straight and core tight and strong.
- Jump Lunges: Start out in a split position, one leg front and other back. Explosively jump up and change the front and back leg in the air.
Disclaimer: Even though I am a certified personal trainer, I'm not a doctor, so please consult your doctor with any medical issues before beginning a training program.