I'm bringing you one 10-minute episode a day, each one related to dieting, slowed down metabolism, and fat loss resistance.
Today is Day 8/10, and we're talking about three reasons that I see most commonly, that are responsible for fat loss plateaus.
FREE Ignite Your Metabolism Webinar
Do you struggle to lose body fat? Do you feel like no matter what you do, how little you eat, how much you exercise, you're not getting results? Do you feel exhausted and don't know what to do next, because you've tried virtually everything?
If so, Ignite Your Metabolism is for you: https://kerstenkimura.lpages.co/ignite-your-metabolism-webinar/
Webinar time: May 12th 2021 at 4pm PST/7pm EST
On this webinar, you'll learn
- Why you are not losing weight or inches even though you're exercising regularly and limiting your calories
- Why you may experience symptoms like fatigue, irritability, poor sleep and maybe even issues with digestion and cycle health
- But I won't only tell you WHY this happens, but also what is the #1 key to overcome metabolic resistance and finally start seeing the results you work so hard for.
If you can't join the live webinar, no worries — the recording will be sent to everybody who sign up.
However, try to be there, because that way you can ask your questions and I can coach you right there on the call! All participants who join the live call, will also get an early access to a bonus that will really help you to boost your metabolism so that you can start seeing the fat loss results that you've been working so hard for.
3 Mistakes That Cause A Fat Loss Plateau
In today's episode, we're talking about 3 major things that women often do wrong when they want to lose fat, without realizing that these are the very things causing their fat loss to plateau.
Here they are:
- Not eating enough for too long. Of course, it's true that for fat loss, we have to be in caloric deficit but doing this for too long will cause a major down regulation of hormones. The body senses danger, and doesn't want to let go of any body fat. Also, if you're working with a coach, please don't try to skip your meals and eat less than what she or he recommends. Your coach has (hopefully) received a good education so they know what they're doing! If you're trying to get to your goal faster by eating hundreds of calories less than what they recommended, you may initially lose fat fast but will soon after hit a fat loss plateau.
- Not implementing carb cycling. Carb cycling is very important for healthy fat loss because every time your calories and carbs are a little higher, you're giving your metabolism a little breather from deficit. High carb days will upregulate the hormones again, keeping the body healthy and fat loss happening. Most women who come to me after cutting calories and doing it on their own, have not done any carb or calorie cycling and have been eating the same amount month after month or year after year. This is why their bodies are so adapted and they hit a fat loss plateau.
- Not taking diet breaks. It's okay to lose fat. It's okay to be in a deficit. But only for about 12 weeks! After that, you need a break from eating this way. Most women don't take that break. They think that because they haven't seen the result they want to, they need to tighten up and eat even less, when in realty, they would have needed a week or two of higher calorie eating 10-12 weeks after being in a deficit. The end result is again the same — the body gets adapted to such low calories, and will not let go of body fat. You need a diet break before you can do another deficit.
More tips on today's podcast, so be sure to check it out!
Don't forget to sign up for the Ignite Your Metabolism webinar too.
If you liked the episode, please give it a thumbs up on YouTube or leave a 5-star review on iTunes.