My New eBook: Lost Your Period? Why You May Have Lost Your Period and How To Get It Back is here!
I'm really excited about this easy-to-read ebook in which you’ll learn the most important things you need to know about exercise induced amenorrhea and learn how to get over it. Here's more about it…
Why I Wrote This Book
Here’s why I wrote this book: In the beginning of 2017 I started to suspect that the reason why my period has been missing for ten years, has something to do with my excessive training and under eating habits in the past.
But there were very few resources that proved me that that’s really the case. I looked around on the Internet, Amazon and bookstores, but I couldn’t find anything that would give me a simple and clear answer on what was actually going on. All I had were guesses.
I found a few blogs that were helpful, but I wasn’t still sure if what I’m dealing with is really hypothalamic amenorrhea, meaning, if I really lost my period due to over exercising and under eating…
Most importantly, I couldn’t believe it because my weight was totally normal, I had left my disordered eating habits in the past (well, at least most of them!) and I was no longer training excessively, at least compared to how much I used to work out in the past.
It’s been over eight months now since I started recovery, and I’ve gained a lot of experience on how to deal with changes that I had to go through to get my hormones balanced (and of course, in addition to all the knowledge I gained, I also gained weight and believe it or not, self-confidence!).
Since I started recovery, it took me five months to see my period in TEN years (with just one random exception), and I want to share with you what I did to get here.
What You’ll Find in This Book
In this book, you’ll find
- A questionnaire that helps you to understand if you really have hypothalamic amenorrhea
- The health effects that overtraining may have on women
- The reasons why you likely lost your period
- What went wrong in your body so that you lost your period
- The reasons you need your period back
- What to do and what NOT to do, if you’re serious about getting your hormones balanced again
- The reasons why your body image may be out whack and how to fix it
- How you’ve been a victim of beauty ideals that have been forced on you by society, and how to change that
- How to live a healthy, obsession free life
- How I personally got into hypothalamic amenorrhea – and came out on the other side of it.
This book is super actionable; there’s no confusing terms or scientific studies. It’s a no BS manual that helps you to get your health back on track if you’re willing to work on it. And by working, I mean sitting still, maybe doing some yoga and eating chocolate. There could be worse ways to fix your health, right?
Is This Book For You?
This book is for you, if you lost your period and
- It happened after you started exercising regularly or started training more or at higher intensity than you used to
- You lost some weight or got on a restrictive diet (you counted calories and kept them low, went low-carb, no-carb, low-fat, no-fat, strict Paleo, vegan… you name it – whatever the way was you restricted your food intake!)
- You’re easily stressed out (because of relationships, school, work, money…)
- You haven’t seen your period over three months (and of course, you’re NOT pregnant or going through menopause!)
- You wan’t a quick and clear understanding of WHY you lost your period, and you’re not interested in confusing scientific terms that are hard to even say (hypothalamic amenorrhea is pushing it anyway, right?)
- You want to know what you can DO to get your period back, and what you should NOT do
- If you want a quick, simple read that helps you get started with your recovery TODAY.
How This Book Can Help You (and If You Need More Help!)
This book isn’t a scientific study. It’s based on my own experience and experience of those women who have shared their hypothalamic amenorrhea journey with me, and those women that I have worked with to help them overcome exercise-induced amenorrhea.
You can take this book as a DIY program that helps you to get your hormones balanced again. However, if you need individual support, the 5-Step Overtraining Rehab for Women is going to be helpful for you. In this program, we will focus on your individual problems that are holding you back from recovering, whether they are related to nutrition, stress management or mindset.
If you have any questions about the book, please send them my way! And I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I loved writing it. 🙂
Disclaimer: When reading this book, keep in mind that I’m not a health care professional. All advice in this book is based on my own experience and it has worked well with women that I’ve been able to help, but none of it should be used to replace professional medical advice or treatment. You are responsible for actions you take regarding your health.